Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Why I'm relinquishing my title as Miss Hudson Valley 2015...

Okay. Here it is.

After much deliberation, with the support of my family, I have decided to give up my title as Miss Hudson Valley 2015. I hope you read the rest of this to understand why I've made this decision.

Sometimes, things aren't always what they appear to be. You think it's one thing and it turns out to be another. You think people care about your best interest and it winds up being the opposite.

While this is something i've worked day in and day out over, i'm not afraid to walk away from what doesn't align with my values. My biggest value being that people treat me with respect and vise versa.  

One of my toughest battles in life has always been walking away from people who don't treat me right. Whether that be a friend, a boyfriend or a boss. This battle ends here.

My platform with pageants is "Beyond the Mirror", which helps boost your confidence by encouraging you to making healthy and effective decisions. I'd be a major hypocrate to not practice what I preach.

My mother has always taught me to be a strong young woman and to never walk away from unfinished business, but to never compromise your morals. With that said, my family and loved ones not only support this decision, but they encourage it.

Although this is vague, I didn't feel it would be appropriate to give thorough detail through a blog.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this, feel free to message me. I am more than willing to speak to you all about this issue in detail via Facebook message, email, etc.



Thank you.

April Maroshick

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman whom deserves nothing but happiness! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman whom deserves nothing but happiness! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete