Monday, April 24, 2017

Tea Time: Republic of Tea Super Herb Nettle Tea


Happy Monday friends! Nothing to kick off the work week like a delicious and healthy cup of tea. I wanted to share with you guys a tea that I've been drinking for a little over a week now that I've been really hooked on. It's The Republic of Tea's SuperHerb Organic Nettle Tea !

Let's just go through a run down of what's infused in this and it's health benefits before I get to my personal opinion of this tea.

All of the SuperHerb teas are herbal supplements, meaning they're naturally caffeine free. This particular flavor has organic nettle leaf, organic peppermint leaf and a natural vanilla flavor.


Now I know that nettle leaf, more commonly known as "stinging nettle" tastes like a very potent green hay (for lack of a better description. But... the nettle flavor is beyond subtle in this because the mixture of the peppermint and vanilla balance out the nettle perfectly.

The peppermint tastes like peppermint of course, but it's not overpowering.

My favorite part of this though is the vanilla. No joke, it's like a cakey vanilla. It's so perfect, I'm not even sure how to put it into words, but I drink this as a snack because of it! I usually drink teas like this solely for the health benefits, but this one is an exception.

The canister contains 36 unbleached tea bags and retails for $13, which is a great price for the quantity and quality.


Here are the health benefits of this tea:

  • Nettle supports kidney function, reduces inflammation, helps control your blood sugar levels and so much more. I could literally write an entire separate post on the benefits of Nettle.
  • Peppermint helps with digestive functions, anxiety, memory problems and more.
  • The flavor is so good that you will immediately be happy! LOL.



I really hope you guys go and check this out. I think you will really love it! Let me know if you've tried it or any of the other teas in this collection!

Xo,

April Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment