Thursday, January 5, 2017

5 Natural Energy Boosters (That aren't coffee)



January and energy go hand in hand. We want the energy because we have all of these goals we wish to fulfill, yet if you live anywhere near New York, the cold, dark weather tends to drain your energy very early on in your day.

I've given up coffee and now when I hit these middle of the day slumps in energy, I turn to other things for a boost.

Here are 5 of my personal favorites...

1) TEA 

I know you guys saw this one coming. I won't go into too much detail, but any green, white, oolong or black tea works.



 


2) ESSENTIAL OILS

I am constantly diffusing essential oils. Especially when I need energy or to unwind. Peppermint is a great one to give you a little kick of energy.


 

3) LIGHT THERAPY

I use this a ton, especially during the winter or during twilight hours. I feel not only drained of energy during twilight but I also feel emotionally uncomfortable during those hours because of where the sun lies. I use light therapy for about a half hour everyday which helps my serotonin production increase and my energy levels increase. Highly recommend it.


 

4) FRESH AIR

This is obvious. We all know when you get just a few minutes of fresh air, even just five minutes, you feel rejuvenated.





5) FLAX SEED OIL

I spoke about Flax Seed Oil in my "My Favorite Supplements for Depression and Anxiety" video. If you take a shot of it, within five minutes you literally feel like a completely different person. It's insane how effective it is.



 
What are your energy boosting recommendations? Leave it in a comment below.

Xo,

April Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment