Friday, May 2, 2014

Shoe Organization!

Just when I thought my shoe closet was complete, a few of my favorite shoe sites decided to revamp their collections and give myself and all other shoe addicts in the world a reason to make our closets just a bit more spacious...

Luckily I have a fair sized walk-in closet, big enough to feed my shoe hoarding problem. I also have a Container Store about 15-20 minutes from my house to help solve all of my shoe organization problems.

But i'm still having an issue...

Not enough room. Seriously.

I was going for the whole "boutique" look in my closet. I wanted my shoes to each have individual cubbies, giving it the "store" feel. So I was able to fill up the biggest wall in my closet with shoes from ceiling to floor... but I still have a few extra pairs that don't have their own homes yet, which honestly drives me a little crazy when I look at it.

I decided to get the 6-Section Handbag and Shoe Organizer, although the Container Store offers an 8-Pair Shoe Organizer and a 12-Pair Shoe Organizer. If you're like me and you wear extremely high heels, your heels will not fit into the 8 or 12 pair organizers. If you're strictly a flats or sneakers person, I would go with the 12-pair Organizer, as that one takes up the least room and gives you the most storage. I'm not all too sure how boots would fit in there either.

This is what the organizers that I have look like:


What I really like about these is that they are very sturdy and they are stackable.

Each organizer is $29.99 right now online, although i've always bought mine for $39.99 in the store... I'll try to stop being bitter about that price, although i'm not sure i'll be successful with that.

Anyway!

The organizers come in pieces in which you will need to put together yourself, but it is very simple. The directions are straight to the point and if all else fails, message me and i'll show you how to put them together. It takes me about 10 minutes to put one of them together. I think my biggest struggle is lifting them to stack them, as they are quite heavy. But that's why we have strong men in this world, right?!

I have 12 organizers so far. Four in each column, three in each row. This is what it looks like... Bad pic stitching job, huh? I couldn't fit it all into one picture, as my closet doesn't offer the depth for it.





But I can't add another column where there is enough room for it to the left of all of this because of my light switch being in the way. So right now I have the rest of my shoes sprawled out across the edge of my floor like so:



So I have a bit of "designer's block" as i'll call it, all because of a light switch. Still unsure where I will put these shoes, but soon they will have their own cubbies like the others.

This is the best picture I could get of the shoe organizers as a whole...


I think it's coming together quite well, aside from the shoes with no home on the floor. I think it's pulling off the boutique look. They're easy to move so I think it's really great to get this instead of organizers that are built in to your closet, especially if you are planning on moving at some point or rearranging your closet.

I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel and a separate blog about my favorite shoes from my collection. Let me know what you think of this so far!

Also, if you have any suggestions for my "designer's block" situation, please let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts!



Have a great week!


x0


April Maroshick






No comments:

Post a Comment