Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top 5 Beginner Eyeshadow Palettes

Hey guys... I wanted to share with you my favorite palettes for beginners. When I say beginners, I mean people who are more timid with their color selections and don't have every type of brush and tool at the tip of their fingers. These palettes, in my opinion are what's easiest to work with and typically work with every skin tone and eye color.


I like this palette for a few reasons. First off, it's small and easily portable... If you want to throw it in a bag or a smaller clutch, it fits. I love the neutral color palette... It allows for a versatile day to nighttime look and Urban Decay shadows wear all day, especially in conjunction with their Primer Potion. Overall it's great. The only downside is that it doesn't come with a brush, so you'll need to utilize your fingers or bring a brush with you.







With that said, I LOVE this palette. This is quite possibly my favorite of these five. I love the range of options and that you also have some slightly warmer tones in here. I also love that there are some shimmery tones here which work well as a "middle of the eye" highlight. This also comes with a double sided brush. Not as portable as the "basics palette", but still a great one.




If you're looking to save some money, this nude rose palette is your best bet. It's not necessarily a drugstore price, but the quality you get from BH Cosmetics is well worth the extra few dollars. This palette not only comes with a brush, but also a mirror (Thank God) and it's small enough to keep in a clutch. I also love that these stones are slightly warmer as that adds a bit of depth to your face.




This is one of the better palettes that you can find at the drugstore. Not the cheapest and they are also all shimmery colors, but still well worth the buy as they are quite pigmented, especially if  you wet your makeup brush prior to your application.




This palette is a great buy! While it's not necessarily portable, you have a bunch of different color options. There are also colors in here that are both shimmery and matte which work best for a bunch of different looks.

What are your favorite beginner eyeshadow palettes? Do you own any of these?

Xo,

April Rose






No comments:

Post a Comment