Thursday, September 8, 2016

I Started Journaling and I Think You Should Too...



I'm not even so sure what's prompting me to tell you guys this. I think i'm hoping that some of you will try this or give me tips!

I started journaling last week... like keeping a diary.

I have to be honest with you, I was recommended to do this for years and years and I always thought that it was futile. I already knew what went on in my day. I knew what I wanted to do. I made to-do lists. A diary would be just reiterating what I already know, aka: a giant waste of time.

Well... I was staring at this blank pink notebook I've had for about a year now and I decided I wanted to write. I've always been intrigued by the idea of writing in a physical notebook. I didn't know what I wanted to write but I knew I was feeling emotional that night. A mixture of all sorts of emotions.

So I wrote. I wrote about what happened throughout my day. I decided writing at nighttime was best. I could reflect on that day and usually when it's late, i'm tired and most vulnerable and open.

It changed everything.

I was able to see why I needed to tackle that to do list I always put off. I was able to see how disappointed I was in myself for procrastinating. I was able to see how grateful I was for little consistencies in my life. I was able to see what I so desperately needed to change. Everything. Both good and bad. I saw it all. I saw what I needed to change.

It's so important for a procrastinator like myself to attach emotion to my to-do lists. To see on paper that I have to do this, that and the next thing is great. It takes a load off of my memory. But to see emotion attached and the reasoning behind my needing to do these things helps tremendously.

I always reread the prior nights entry first thing in the morning that way I can feel the importance of why I need to get certain things done that day and I actually then get those things done! At the end of the day, I love writing about my accomplishments and hard work. It truly makes me feel good!

If you're a procrastinator like me, I really think you should try it out. At least for a week. If you do, then let me know how you're progressing. If you already do this, let me know why you do (if you'd like to) and if you have any beneficial tips for me and the other readers!

Here are a few of my favorite notebooks if you're just getting started:


 


Time for me to go write tonight's entry.

Goodnight!

Xo,

April Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment