PECAN CRUSTED SALMON OVER WILD QUINOA AND BEANS
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- White wine
- Sesame oil
- Roasted red peppers
- String beans
- Parmesan cheese
- Seasoned stuffing
- Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Red and Tri-colored Quinoa
1) Pour a fair amount of extra olive oil on baking pan.
2) Lay down pieces of salmon.
3) Squeeze fresh lemon juice on salmon.
4) Sprinkle on garlic sea salt, then black pepper and a slight bit of cayenne pepper for an added kick.
5) Cut a few slices of fresh lemon and some rosemary to put on the salmon to add some flavor.
6) Pour a moderate amount of white wine over the salmon. (We used Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay)
7) Take a bowl of pecans and blend them into a crust.
8) Pour olive oil over the salmon and spread pecans on top.
9) Let the salmon marinate for a half hour. (I don't have patience but this is totally worth the wait lol!)
10) Broil the salmon after it's finished marinating for five minutes. In the meantime... Let's create the sauce!
11) Simmer sesame oil and 1 clove of chopped garlic until it sizzles.
12) Blend Roasted red peppers and pour it into the pot.
13) Add a dash of Mrs. Dash's salt-free seasoning. (Pun intended. Wish I made that joke up but Katie did. ::sigh::)
14) Now onto the string beans. Usually I think these are gross, but these ones were amazing. Steam the green beans in a pot until the water boils.
15) Saturate string beans by hand in extra virgin olive oil and then parmesan cheese with seasoned stuffing.
16) Broil until the top gets brown and crispy.
17) Boil red and try-colored quinoa in water for 15 minutes.
18) Make the presentation beautiful and you're all set!
You guys have to try this! It was seriously amazing. Share this to Pinterest if you have one so your friends and family can try it out as well! Who else can't wait for Katie's next recipe?!