Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Tea Time: Republic of Tea Asian Jasmine White Tea



So if you guys watch my video I posted on Sunday (Tea Talk: New Year Update and YouTube for 2017 (3 min)), you will know that i'm incorporating tea into my channel and here onto my blog, as it's become my segway into a healthy lifestyle.

So I wanted to start off this tea time series by sharing with you my new flavor obsession. I first decided to try Jasmine tea in Epcot a few weeks ago in the China Pavilion (it is a tea grown in China's Fujian province) because the people their had nothing but great things to say about it. I knew the flavor would be quite different from what I am typically used to but I gave it a go and instantly became hooked.

If you don't know what the jasmine flavor tastes like, picture a calming, delicate and sweet note that also gives you a boost of energy. Sounds contradictory, but you need to try it to understand.

Yesterday, Patrick and I decided to pick up The Republic of Tea, Asian Jasmine White Tea, 50-Count because I was craving it and I fell in love! These are tea bags, not loose leaves, just so you know. The notes in this tea are crafted perfectly to my liking and I seriously think you guys need to try it.



White tea has a subtle amount of caffeine, so while Jasmine itself has calming properties, the caffeine will give you a slight boost of energy and alertness. It's a great choice to start your day off on the right foot.

The recommended steeping time is 60 seconds because if it's steeped a little too long it can quickly become bitter so that's something to be conscious of when steeping your cup.

Let me know if you have tried Jasmine tea or if you like it. This one is a must try/have for me!



 

Xo,

April Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment