Tuesday, August 8, 2017

5 Teas For Immune Support



While it's August in New York, some days it feels like early October and other days it feels like I live in a tropical rainforest with this heat and humidity. That kind of unstable weather typically brings me an illness of some sort and I have certainly been feeling it the past few days.

Thankfully being the tea lover that I am, I have nearly every type of tea imaginable to help support my immune system during this season.

Here are 5 different ones that I think we could all use:

1) Yama Moto Yama's Japanese Green Tea

We pretty much all know the benefits of a straight green tea. They are super high in antioxidants which help both protect and fight against free radicals to help your body stay functioning healthily. I find Japanese green tea tends to taste better than any other. It typically tastes less bitter and more earthy. So if you avoid green tea because of the bitter taste, try either steeping for no longer than 3 minutes and/or switching to a Japanese brand like the one linked above.



Let's just start off with the health benefits of Echinacea root first. For ages this root has been used to help combat colds, pains associated with all different sorts of illnesses, inflammation, it can be used as a natural laxative that does not give your stomach a queasy feeling, your overall mental wellness, respiratory issues and it works as an anti-fungal. I could go on for days, but you get the point. Let's talk taste. When I first tried this I was nervous I would be so turned off by the taste but it is actually really good! It's slightly sweet because of the blend Yogi uses. It has Elder Berry extract, lemongrass and more. I love it and I've been drinking this constantly.




Naturally when I'm sick I deal with inflammation starting from my head to my chest and even sometimes my whole body just aches. Turmeric is well known for it's anti-inflammatory properties. This tea in particular is a favorite because the mixture of meadowsweet and ginger not only assist to taste but it also helps a ton with nausea. I also love that there is 750mg of Turmeric in each cup so you're getting a great dosage of it with every drink. I highly recommend it.



I could go on about this tea for days but i'll do my best to keep it as concise as possible. While loose leaf teas seem to be the less popular buy, they are nearly always my favorites because of the intensity of flavor. So that's the first thing. Second, I love mango everything. It's an acquired taste and if it's not your thing, Tiesta has an entire Immunity Collection that you can check out and find the flavor that suits you best. This one in particular is a great option for an iced brew. The teas listed above are best served hot in my opinion, but this one makes a great cold brew. The blend makes for a great immunity booster as well.




I always seem to love every type of tea that the Republic of Tea releases. This one is a great rooibos mixture with echinacea, ashwagandha and astragulus. Ashwagandha will give you that much needed energy during times of sickness and astragulus has been used in ancient Chinese medicine as a natural disease fighter. It seems to work really well for everyone I know as well.


"The greatest wealth is health."

Xo,

April Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment